How To: Setup Outlook 2010 Calendar Sharing
In this article we're going to go over how to share your Outlook calendar and send an invitation to the employee that you would like to share your calendar with. The employee that needs to be able to view the shared calendar can also review this article for information on how to accept the calendar invitation and view the shared calendar.
Sharing Your Calendar with Another Employee
- To begin, open Outlook and then open the Calendar view.
- Right-click on the calendar you would like to share and select Properties from the menu that appears.
- Click on the permissions tab, then click on the Add button.
- Type in the first name of the person in the search box at the top of the window, and double click on the user whom you would like to have access to your calendar. Click OK when you're finished adding users.
- In the Calendar Properties window, select the user whom you would like to have access to your calendar and in the area below the users select the permissions you would like to give the user viewing your calendar. Typically under "read" you'll want to give them access to "Full Details" so that they can see the details of your appointments. If you want them to be able to add items to your calendar or edit events, select "Edit all" and "Create Items" under the Write section. Click OK when you're finished changing the calendar permissions.
- Now right-click on the calendar you would like to share with another employee and select Share and then Share calendar from the menu that appears. In the To: field, enter the email address of person you'd like to share your calendar with and click Send. Click yes.
- You're done!
- The person who needs to view your calendar should receive a calendar sharing invitation email. They will need to open their email, open the Share Calendar email, and click on the Open this Calendar button in the upper left hand corner ofthe email message.
- They'll now have access to another employees calendar in their Outlook calendar view. You're done!