How To: Access Network Files and Easter Seals Software at Home - for OSX
The following instructions will go over how to install the required software (Citrix Receiver) on your Apple computer so that you will be able to access the Easter Seals Apps Page.
1) Open a web browser, and go to http://apps.eastersealsnh.org. Click the Install button that appears in the middle of the web page.
2) Your computer will start downloading the software. The download will show up on the Dock at the bottom of the screen (circled in red). Click the downloads icon to bring up a list of recently downloaded files.
3) After clicking on the downloads icon, a list of downloads will appear. Double click on the Citrix Receiver download (circled in red).
4) You’ll see a progress bar appear, and then a window should open containing the Citrix Receiver installer. This window may appear BEHIND your web browser/Safari, so you might need to minimize your webpage.
5) Double click the icon that is titled “Install Citrix Receiver”.
6) You’ll by notified the installer is starting by the icon on the dock (circled in red below). You may have to click the bouncing icon to bring up the Citrix Receiver installer window.
7) Once the Citrix Receiver installer appears, click Continue.
8) Click Continue on the next screen to review the license agreement.
9) Click Agree to accept the terms of the license agreement.
10) Click Install on the next screen to begin installing the software.
11) Depending on how your computer is setup, it may require you to enter your computer account password. Enter the password and click the install software button to continue.
12) Please wait while the software installs.
13) After the installation process is complete, click the Close button to finish the installation process.
14) Your computer should automatically detect the installed software and the Apps Page web page should change to a logon screen. If it doesn’t, click the continue button which will bring you to the logon page. Logon to the apps page using your Easter Seals computer account username and password. A list of applications will appear. Click the icon for the application you’d like to start.
15) The very first time you start an application, it will ask you how you’d like to access files. Click the box that says “Don’t ask me again” and click the Read & Write button.
16) You’re done! You can start using the Apps Page applications on your Apple computer!